4.8.12

wednesday post {a little late} -- writing

                                                                              (all images via pinterest)


A couple years ago, I could not stand writing. Now I love it. I don't know exactly what happened but after hating it forever, this year I finally realized how much I love it. Instead of dreading the writing assignments at the end of each chapter, I can hardly wait until they arrive. I enjoy even essays. I usually don't like getting started but once the first sentence is written, I can't stop. For some unexplained reason, I went from despising writing to adoring it.




I think my favorite type of writing is poetry. It is so pretty, and I love the way it just flows. And metaphors are so much fun. Despite my teacher -- who is rather annoying (and no it is not my mom) -- I'm really enjoying Literature this year because we are delving into all kinds of poetry, short stories, etc., and they all contain huge amounts of imaginative comparison.


Short stories are fun, too. You know how Suzanne Collins wrote the Hunger Games? And how Ann Voskamp narrates her blog? That's my new favorite writing style. Its so much more fun to write in present tense. It just makes it so much more intense or something. I like poring over Pinterest for inspiration and I think it works.  

I think I definitely inherited my mom's love for writing even if it took a few years for me to realize it. What's something you used to hate but have learned to love?




P.S. I also inherited my aunt's giggle streak.

No comments: