23.11.12

Friday Post-summary on favourite books

Hannah's favourite book:



My favorite book series is the River of Time by Lisa T. Bergren. 

It's about two girls who go back in time to the 14th century and essentially fall in love with the handsome knights and lords there. One of the guys is already taken, and that creates a lot of disagreement. Of course, the team we're rooting for is also up against a team of their mortal enemies and face many dangers from that. I'm not going to give away the ending, so that you'll still want to read it, but the gist of it is that they face a lot of trials and try to somehow find love at the same time. 

Here is a short video book report that I made for the first book. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHaM5azsUU&feature=plcp link here to this) 

I love it because it's the perfect mix of everything I love in a book (or in this case books) -- action, romance, a little bit of mystery, and of course, comedy. As well as sci-fi, the whole series involves so many real life circumstances that we can relate to, it draws you in. Even when cast into another time, the heroine -- Gabi -- stays very real-life. I hope you decide to read this series, because you're seriously missing out if you don't! It's just seriously the best thing ever. But you won't know that until you read it. ;) 

I have a lot of favorite movies, but I guess I'll share one of my recent favorites that is a perfect movie to watch with your family during the Christmas season. :) It's called the Twelve Dates of Christmas. 

It's about a young woman named Kate who is doomed to repeat the same day over and over -- twelve times to be exact -- until she learns to forget about her ex-boyfriend, care about other people more than herself, and get things right with her blind date twelve times over. 

My whole family loved this movie. It's nice because it doesn't have all of the bad scenes to fast forward, the violence, and the profanity of a lot of movies now. There is some language, but it is definitely on a smaller scale than most movies. It is really good because it is not only about falling in love, it involves comedy and learning to care about others from a random guy who helps you up at the mall to your neighbor. I really enjoyed this movie, and I hope you will, too. :)







Chavonne's favourite book:

One of my favourite books by far would be, "The Vow"
This is a true story, about true love, loyalty and trust in God.

I have not seen the movie yet, but its on my "movie list". (Its probably not as good as the book however :P)

The book starts off as a young woman and man (both single) and how they start their courtship and soon fall in love. Not 2 months after they marry however they crash and the wife is seriously hurt so bad, that she does not remember her husband and starts going through angry phases.

Now i'm not going to tell you about the ENTIRE book because that would ruin it for anyone who wants to read it later. I will tell you however, that it is a really good read, and encourages other people to trust God no matter what.



The real-life couple in "The Vow"






No comments: